Wanderers Aucor Property Road Race with Discovery Vitality
The Wanderers Club, North Road, Illovo
GPS co-ordinates: S26 08.123 E 28 03.454
5km | 10Kkm | 21.1km
26 August 2017- 2018
Spring into action with the Vitality Run Series. Complete four of the most iconic races in Joburg and earn Vitality points PLUS a limited edition medal at each race. This is race 2 of 4 in the Series.
10km walk (TBC)
5km fun run
- Electronically timed event
- Entries are limited and capped as follows: (by hand and/or online):
– 21.1km: first 3500 entries received
– 10km (run and walk events): first 3 000 entries received
– 5km fun run: first 500 entries received
- This is a pre-entry event only
- No entries will be accepted after the closing date or on the race day at the venue.
- Entry forms can be obtained and submitted as follows:
– Entries are available online and in-store. See the listed hand delivery addresses below.
ENTRY CLOSING DATE
Entries are closing on 13 August 2018 or once we reach our runner limit of 7000
COLLECTING OF RACE NUMBERS
Hand delivered entries
Runners will receive their race number and temporary licence number (if applicable) immediately upon entering.
Runners must collect race numbers, temporary licence numbers [if applicable] and ordered Mizuno tops as follows:
At the finish venue Wanderers Club, North rd, Illovo
- Friday 24 August: from 12h00 to 17h00
- Saturday 25 August: from 10h00 to 17h00
- Sunday 26 August: from 04h30 to 06h45
Get a limited edition Vitality Run Series medal | Make sure you earn all four
HAND DELIVERY ADDRESSES
The Sweat Shop
Dunkeld West Centre
011 325 2567
The Sweat Shop
Bedford Arcade, van Buuren Rd, Bedfordview
011 450 2421
The Sweat Shop
Broadacres Shop 17, Broadacre Shopping Centre, Fourways
011 465 9180
The Sweat Shop
South Downs Shopping Centre, Centurion
012 665 0048
- Category winners will receive Gold, Silver and Bronze ribbon medals.
- All finishers within cut-off times receive bronze medals
- Get a limited edition Vitality Run Series medal | Make sure you earn all four
- A scenic route combining a half marathon and 10km road race through Melrose and Birdhaven, taking in the tranquil surroundings of Melrose Bird Sanctuary and finishing in the ground of the Wanderers Club
- The half marathon is a testing double lapper
- Only athletes clearly filling in all detail on the race number tear-off strip will receive results. NO TEAR-OFF NO RESULTS
- Preliminary Results available 48hrs at www.timeme.co.za. Official results will be available five days after the event at www.raceresults.co.za
- Tog bag facilities available at the venue (at the owner’s own risk)
- Photographs will be taken by Jetline Action Photo and can be viewed after the event at www.jetlineactionphoto.com
- The 10km Walk is an official CGA League walk race and walkers will be judged according to the IAAF rules for walking. TBC
- Toilet facilities will be available at the venue and at the refreshment stations
- Bring your old shoes! Shoe collection for disadvantaged runners at the tog bag area.
- Wanderers Athletic Club members are obliged to help with marshalling
- Refreshment stations will provide Coke and water sachets
- Fast food and refreshments on sale at the venue
- Electronically timed event. A chip is attached to the 21,1km and 10km race numbers. NO CHIP NO RESULTS
- Medical support at the venue and along routes
- Substitutions will be allowed between 13 & 17 August and 24 - 25 August, only. No substitutions allowed on race day, 26 August.
Discovery Vitality members receive bonus fitness points for completing the race
Vitality fitness points
1 100 points
2 000 points
Terms, conditions and limits apply
EVENT MIZUNO TOPS
Order your Mizuno short sleeve top (men or ladies) when entering online only for R106.00 (R100 + R6 fee) each. Sizes are subject to availability.
To be collected on the following registration dates:
The Wanderers Club
Friday 24 August: from 12h00 to 17h00
Saturday 25 August: from 10h00 to 17h00
Sunday 26 August: from 04h30 to 06h45
For race enquiries
Telephone: 063 384 5387
E mail: [email protected]
The Wanderers Athletic Club
Hilda Harvey, 063 389 0681
Ken Hamilton, 082 576 1288
Facebook Page: @WanderersAthleticsClub
Starts at 09h00
21.1km marathon (men & women)
40 – 49 years
50 – 59 years
60 – 69 years
10km run (men & women)
40 – 49 years
50 – 59 years
60 – 69 years
RULES FOR THE 10KM AND 21.1KM RACES
- The race is held in accordance with the rules of ASA and CGA.
- Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organisers of the race against any or all actions of whatsoever nature, whatever the same may be arising out of their participation in the race.
- All athletes participate at their own risk. Athletes acknowledge that by entering the event, they are medically fit to participate.
- All athletes must supply the name and contact number of their next of kin on both the race number and entry form.
- Licensed athletes must wear club colours and their 2018 licence number on the back and front of their vests, with the race number worn on the front of their vest without obscuring the provincial licence number. Licensed athletes who do not wear their 2018 licence numbers must purchase a temporary licence on the day or face disqualification.
- Temporary licensed athletes must wear plain clothing with the issued temporary licence on the back of their vest. No temporary licences are issued for marathons or ultra-marathons.
- Athletes competing for category prizes must wear clearly visible age tags of the appropriate size, on the back and front of their running vest.
- No seconding allowed.
- International athletes must provide a clearance letter (from their country of origin) to the organisers and chief referee prior to the start of the event. Prizes will be withheld if this rule is not adhered to.
- Walkers competing for walker’s prizes (if any) must wear walker tags on the front and back of their running vest.
- No blades, cyclist or mechanically operated devices allowed in the race.
- No 2, 3 or 4 wheel carts/prams, which are mechanically or manually operated by participants, or wheelchairs athletes will be permitted to participate without special permission granted by the race organiser. All these participants must start at the back of the field.
- No animals/pets are allowed to participate.
- Only South African athletes are eligible for team prizes.
- The domicilium rule apply.
- Minimum age for participation: 21.1km | 16 years old and 10km | 15 years old.
- Prize winners must present their proof of age to the referees before the prize giving. Prizes will be withheld until all the necessary details of the winners are confirmed.
- Only those who have completed all the information required in the race entry/number are eligible for prizes.
- No refunds.
- No earphones, iPods and similar devices are allowed, as they are in contravention of the IAAF rule 144.2b and may lead to disqualification.
- Athletes may not run with another athlete’s race number unless by prior arrangement has been made with the race organiser.
- The race organiser retains the right to refuse entry and reject persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol, who are disorderly, or engage in inappropriate behaviour, vandalism or evade paying for admission.
- Athletes who participate without buying a race entry will be disqualified, will not be entitled to any benefits associated with the race and will be liable for a double entry fee charge.
- Habitual offenders (those who regularly participate without purchasing a race entry) will be called to a CGA disciplinary.
- Littering is not allowed. Athletes are to dispose of any litter in appropriate bins and can be disqualified if they litter.
- Cut-off time for all events is 3 hours (11h00).
By entering the Wanderers Aucor Property Race which forms part of the Discovery Vitality Run Series, you agree to share relevant personal information with Discovery and related third parties.
Discovery Vitality (Pty) Ltd is an authorised financial services provider. Registration number: 1999/007736/07. Limits, terms and conditions apply.
More information: www.sportsvendo.co.za/events/view/20
Classes and pricing
Available classes for the event
|Class||Distance||Start Time||Price (pp)|
|21.1km||21 km||07:00||R 150.00 + 8.63|
|10km||10 km||07:00||R 120.00 + 6.90|
|5km||5 km||07:15||R 70.00 + 4.03|
|10km Walkers (Not a League walkers event) SOLD OUT||10 km||07:00||R 120.00 + 6.90|
|21.1km Grand Master||21 km||07:00||R 75.00 + 4.31|
|21.1km Great Grand Master & Blind Runners||21 km||07:00||R 0.00|
|10km Grand Master||10 km||07:00||R 60.00 + 3.45|
|10km Great Grand Master||10 km||07:00||R 0.00|
|5km Great Grand Master||5 km||07:15||R 0.00|
The Wanderers Club, Illovo
A scenic route combining a half marathon and 10km road race through Melrose and Birdhaven, taking in the tranquil surroundings of Melrose Bird Sanctuary and finishing in the ground of the Wanderers Club. The half marathon is a testing double lapper.