Flying Eagle Events Ltd
The 1Zambia MTB race has become the highlight of the MTB calendar in Zambia, and the 5th edition will maintain all the features that make this race unique. Participants should look forward to the warm and friendly hospitality of the Zambian people as they take on the challenge of navigating over 250km of wild and remote trails via GPS; twisting through remote valleys; enjoying panoramic views; and finally finishing on the banks of the mighty Zambezi River for an unforgettable prize giving on a picturesque island. The 1Zambia MTB race sure is a unique experience in the African mountain bike scene. We haven’t found a race to compare it to yet…
FORMAT - Stage 2
1 Zambia MTB Self accommodation
- ZAR10, 500 per team
- No Accommodation included
- Stage 1, 2, 3 lunch
- Stage 3 dinner
- (*For those riders living in Zambia this is otherwise known as the self accommodation option)
1 Zambia - Stage 2
- Stage 2 lunch included
- No Accommodation included
- Teams of 2 - 4
- Lower Zambezi accommodation (book Kiambi Lodge when registering online or book Kanyemba Lodge directly (http://www.kanyemba.com/)
- Tourist Visa fees for Zambia (USD 50)
- Alcoholic beverages or unsponsored soft drinks and bar menu items supplied from the bar (cash bar basis)
- Cycling clothes, equipment and spares
- Transfers from/to the airport and lower Zambezi
- Bicycle insurance for lost or damaged bikes
- 75% of entry fee is refunded if cancellation is done in March and earlier
- 50% of entry fee is refunded if cancellation is done in April
- 0% of entry fee is refunded if cancellation is done in May (if at this late stage, you or your partner, or both, is unable to participate, please arrange a substitution)
- Under no circumstances will an entry be rolled over
THURSDAY 31 MAY ’18
Tickets will be on sale at the Race Info Desk at Lilayi Lodge race village for non-riders wishing to attend the sandbank prize giving function & dinner.
USD20 per adult & kids free.
Please note that the maps and altitude profiles below are from previous events and will only give you a rough idea of each stage. Every year the race organisers will make changes to various sections of the routes. However, the distances and vertical ascent for each stage will be more or less the same each year and stage 3 will never get any shorter. The current and exact GPX files will only be released to registered participants 3 days prior to the event.
THE NANKANGA TOUR
06.00 Breakfast 07.30Start Stage 2 – ‘The Nankanga Tour’From 10.30 Expected stage winners arrival at Lilayi Lodge12.00 – 15.00 Lunch 15.00 – 18.00 Massages 18.00 – 19.00 Dinner, Stage 2 winner announcements & Stage 2 highlights video screening Approx. 70km made up of some fast flowing single and jeep track all the way down to the periphery of the landmark Nankanga Hill; Knuckle Sandwich and Home Bake Hill will remind you that you never trained hard enough and Endless Summer will remind you why you always want to keep coming back for more…
More information: 1zambiamtb.com/
This event supports team entries for certain classes, but teams must consist of 2 participants per team.
Lilayi Lodge, Lusaka