Darling Hills MTB
The Darling Hills, 3 Day Mountain Bike Stage Race, will be the first ever stage race to take place in the Darling Hills, and the premier race in the Swartland/ West Coast Area. By providing an exceptional race experience, our mission is to expose participants to some of the best mountain biking in the country, offer sponsors a targeted marketing and engagement opportunity, build tourism in the area and benefit local communities through select outreach programmes. Contributing to charity and assisting local communities is an essential component of nurturing sustainability in South Africa. The main beneficiary of the race will be Swartland/ West Coast SPCA.
Darling Hills MTB have undertaken the exciting task of hosting the Swartland/ West Coast first premium mountain biking stage race, 30 August- 01 September 2019 at Darling Golf Club, Western Cape, Darling. Darling is approximately 70 km north-west of Cape Town. The Darling Hills on the Cape West Coast offers variety, fun, relaxation and spectacular views. With single track, jeep track, farm roads, relaxed riding, technical sections, fast moving terrain, fun, beautiful scenery the Darling Hills MTB Stage Race has it all. The Darling Hills MTB Stage Race is a race over 3 days with 2 stages which includes a prologue and 2 day stages. All stages are compulsory. The race has been registered with CSA (“Cycle South Africa”) and Entry Ninja will be used for race registration.
Race nutrition, water and isotonic carbohydrate drinks are freely available at water points throughout the route. The Chill Zone is the perfect place to unwind, enjoy a cold beer, swap race stories and mingle with supporters and fellow riders after a hard day of racing.
TEAM ENTRY FEE (Teams of 2)
*R1 800 per rider (R3600 per team)
*Including Mixed Teams
SOLO ENTRY FEE
*R1 800 per rider
Your entry fee includes:
• Goodie Bag
• 3 days of amazing trails through Darling Hills.
• Prologue and 2 Trail Stages
• 3 meals plus access to chill zone at the end of each stage
• Friday Event Dinner
• Saturday and Sunday Lunch
• Darling Hills MTB Stage Race- Finishers Medal
• Access to all the race facilities and improved permanent facilities i.e. restaurants, toilets, bike wash facility, rider chill zones with Darling Brew Craft Beer etc.
• Professional medical support is included however you will need travel insurance in case of hospitalisation.
• 2 water points along each route with lots to eat and drink. We suggest you bring a long your preferred bars or drinks. You don’t need to worry about going hungry. These tables are well stocked!
• Wife & Kids gets free entry at venues (no meals included)
- Darling Hills MTB T-Shirt – ( Order with registration-R250-00)
Bike Maintenance Service Packages
A-Package – R 750.00
- Includes full service at either our stores prior to the events,
- Bike receives a Mini Service as standard after stage one and stage two.
- Parts are excluded
B-Package – R 550.00
- Same as per above. Excluded major service prior to event at shop.
Tel: 021 556 8207
Email: [email protected]
GPS Coordinates- -33.826774,18.497091
EPT Recovery Massage Packages
Follow Link- http://bit.ly/DarlingHillsMTB2019
Email: [email protected]
Francois Retief: (082) 456 0221
Russell Looms: (082) 829 6074
Race Village Accommodation
Accommodation is excluded from the entry fees. To book for tented/ camping or self catering accommodation at the race village book via email - [email protected]
The Darling Hills MTB Race Village is perfect for you! If you choose the Tented/ Camping or Self Catering Accommodation Packages you will be camping in the race village just outside where all the hype is happening.
*Tented Accommodation: R900 p/person for the weekend
- This includes an already set up tent and mattress per person at the race village, ablution available (No electricity)
- The tent will have sleeping space for one (1) person.
- Tents will be available and move in ready from 30 August 2019 08:00 am
- Limited tents available.
There is a designated area if you wish to bring your own tent or camper van. Please note there is no electricity and limited space available. Book as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
R600 per camping spot for the entire stay (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
Camping spot for up to 4 people only….
- Camping spots will be available from 30 August 2019 08:00 am
- Ablution facilities available (No Electricity)
- Limited camping spots available (Plot Size 10m x 10m)
Traditional Braai & Slaai
Lamb Chop 200g | Chicken Piece | Boerewors | Pasta Salad | Coleslaw | Garlic Bread
Potjie Kos (served with rice & a roll)
Chicken & Vegetable | Springbuck Curry | Wildebeest & Vegetable
Traditional Lamb Spit braai
Lamb | Baby Potatoes | Garlic Bread | Coleslaw | Beetroot salad | Curry Noodle Salad | Greek Salad.
Please remember to book your additional meals for non riders and children via www.entryninja.com with team or rider registration. No bookings for meals will be accepted at race village.
- Non Riders- R150 per meal (3 meals- R450)
- Children under the age of 12- R75.00 per meal (3 meals R225)
*Non Riders- No free glass of wine per meal (Riders Only)
*Vegetarian and Halaal options are available on request only.
Other- Alcoholic and soft drinks will be on sale from the bar.
Rider substitutions accepted until 17 August 2019 at R300 per change.
Thereafter no changes will be accepted.
More information: www.darlinghillsmtb.co.za
This event supports team entries for certain classes, but teams must consist of 2 participants per team.
Images of the event
Darling Hills MTB
Darling Golf Club, Darling
|Address||Jakaranda Street, Darling, 7345|