Copper Moon Events
The entry will include:
- A unique mountain bike experience through the greater Magoebaskloof area.
- 3 Stages and 3 night’s accommodation (Thursday to Saturday).
- Ablution facilities.
- Official Race Garment
Day1 - Dap Naude Dam and The Woodbush
In the heart of the valley called the Magoebaskloof, built on the Broederstroom River, the Dap Naude dam is a popular fishing spot and provides cyclists with a fast, flowing section of scenic trails to get the adrenalin going as you head out on Day 1. The Woodbush forest reserve, nestled amidst a mountainous region known for its untouched indigenous forests and bird life, provides some challenging sections that will give you a taste of what’s to come. Exploring these magical forests on a bicycle is an opportunity not to be missed. Make no mistake - this is also climbing country, but the reward of a beer at Zwakala Brewery and reaching the end of Day 1 will be well worth it.
- Day 2 - Haenertsburg and Iron crown
Haenertsburg is a tiny, beautiful town in the verdant and mountainous Magoebaskloof area of Limpopo. Day 2 will see cyclists in the Race cross rivers and cobblestones before heading up the notorious Rocky Horror climb to reach the summit of the renowned Iron Crown mountain, more than 2100 metres above sea level, the highest point in the Limpopo Province. The descent offers sweeping views of the area, but comes with some tricky sections, steep downhill single track and then a fast stretch home. Save something in the tank for Day 3!
- Day 3 - Wolkberg and Ebenezer Dam
Bursting with fast, fun single track, the final day will have your pulse racing as you navigate the trails, power up the climbs and sail around the edges of the vast Ebenezer Dam. Passing through Stanford Lake College, the route includes bridges, single track, jeep track, a short, sharp hill to take your breath away, and enough scenery to make your wife and aunty jealous! Ending with a section of sheer fun through Cheerio Gardens itself, this is the best way to ride a bike and experience Magoebaskloof!
Tented accommodation is a 2 man dome tent + 2 mattresses per team from Thursday to Saturday night
Bring your own bedding and pillow. A sleeping bag and a blanket is recommended as nights are chilly in August
Other items to pack
- Personal toiletries and medication
- Warm clothing for evenings
- Rain jacket or similar just in case (although August is typically dry on the mountain)
- Device charger
- If your supporters would like to book accommodation in the surrounding area see www.magoebasklooftourism.co.za for options
- Meals included are Dinner on Thursday night to Lunch on Sunday
- Light meals can be purchased by your supporters at the Chill Zone
- There will be water points on the routes but don’t forget to bring along your preferred race nourishment!
- A bike wash will be available
- Vendors will be on hand to provide you with technical services should you need it.
- Full bike service – R500 a day (R1000 for two days).
- For smaller problems people will be charge accordingly
- Comprehensive EMS will be available throughout the event and at
- EMS will be available at the race village should you require assistance after or before your ride
- Physiotherapy services will be available.
More information: magoebatrek.co.za/race-info
This event supports team entries for certain classes, but teams must consist of 2 participants per team.
Enter for Magoeba Trek »
|Class||Price (pp)||2 person team (pp)|
|The Magoeba Race (Including...||R 6,500.00||R 5,500.00|
|The Magoeba Race (Excluding...||R 4,750.00||R 3,750.00|
|The Magoeba Trail (Including...||R 6,000.00||R 5,000.00|
|The Magoeba Trail (Excluding...||R 4,250.00||R 3,250.00|
Classes and pricing
Available classes for the event
|Class||Distance||Start Time||Price (pp)||2 person team (pp)|
|The Magoeba Race (Including tented accommodation + all meals)||200 km||08:00||R 6,500.00||R 5,500.00|
|The Magoeba Race (Excluding tented accommodation + including lunch)||200 km||08:00||R 4,750.00||R 3,750.00|
|The Magoeba Trail (Including tented accommodation + all meals)||120 km||08:00||R 6,000.00||R 5,000.00|
|The Magoeba Trail (Excluding tented accommodation + including lunch)||120 km||08:00||R 4,250.00||R 3,250.00|
Cheerio Gardens, Haenertsburg