Flying Eagle Events Ltd
The 1Zambia MTB race has become the highlight of the MTB calendar in Zambia, and the 6th edition will maintain all the features that make this race unique. Riders now have the chance to get a feel for the event by participating in the 1Zed Explore 70km on Saturday. It's the same GPS navigation format covering the least demanding stage of the event - The Nankanga Tour.
FORMAT - 1Zed Explore - Stage 2
Start / Finish at Lilayi Lodge, Lusaka.
We are targeting all mountain bike enthusiasts local in Zambia looking for a taste of the 1Zambia experience without the commitment of completing all three stages.
1Zed Explore - Stage 2
- Stage 2 lunch included
- No Accommodation included
- Teams of 2 - 4
- Stage 1 & 3 participation
- Rider Jersey & T shirt (purchase option available at checkout)
- Alcoholic beverages or non sponsored soft drinks and bar menu items supplied from the bar (cash bar basis)
- Cycling clothes, equipment and spares
- Transfers from/to the airport
- Bicycle insurance for lost or damaged bikes
- 75% of entry fee is refunded if cancellation is done in March and earlier
- 50% of entry fee is refunded if cancellation is done in April
- 0% of entry fee is refunded if cancellation is done in May (if at this late stage, you or your partner, or both, is unable to participate, please arrange a substitution)
- Under no circumstances will an entry be rolled over
THURSDAY 30 MAY 2019
Please note that the maps and altitude profiles below are from previous events and will only give you a rough idea of each stage. Every year the race organisers will make changes to various sections of the routes. However, the distances and vertical ascent for each stage will be more or less the same each year. The current and exact GPX files will only be released to registered participants 3 days prior to the event.
THE NANKANGA TOUR
07.30 Start Stage 2 – ‘The Nankanga Tour’
From 10.30 Expected stage winners arrival at Lilayi Lodge
12.00 – 15.00 Lunch
15.00 – 18.00 Massages
18.00 – 19.00 Dinner, Stage 2 winner announcements & Stage 2 highlights video screening Approx.
70km made up of some fast flowing single and jeep track all the way down to the periphery of the landmark Nankanga Hill; a trip through Kenani's Garden shows off some magnificent old forest trees and Endless Summer will remind you why you'll always want to keep coming back for more…
More information: 1zambiamtb.com/
This event supports team entries for certain classes, but teams must consist of 2 participants per team.
Lilayi Lodge, Lusaka