8 Hour Challenge
WELLINGTON SPORTS WEEKEND
8 Hour Challenge 2019
This is an amazing 3 days of great sportsmanship to be shared with legendary friends and family
(Cash prizes for Solo entry winners ONLY and hampers for Extreme Team entry winners)
Saturday 27 April 2019:
ONLY 500 ENTRIES A DAY MAX
SOLO TRAIL RUN: 300 ENTRIES MAX
How many 5.25km laps can you do in 8 hours
Start: 8h00 and cut off time for the last lap is 7hours 30min
To qualify for a medal you need to do 4 laps
Entry Fee – Solo Trail Run
Phase 1 until 1 st Jan: R200 pp, T-shirt R60 pp for first 75 entries
Phase 2 until 15 th March: R250 pp, T-shirt R80 pp for next 75 entries
Phase 3 until 24 th April: R300 pp, T-shirt R100 pp for last 150 entries
EXTREME 2 MAN TRAIL TEAM: 50 RELAY TEAMS MAX
6 Laps relay with both runners run together 7th lap.
Each runner will have done 21 km as a Team 42km
How fast can u do it?
Time to finish is 6 hours
Entry Fee – Extreme 2 Man Trail Team
Phase 1 until 1st Jan R200pp, T-shirt R60 pp for first 15 Teams
Phase2 until 15 th March R250pp, T-shirt R80 pp for next 15 Teams
Phase 3 until 24th April R300pp, T-shirt R100 pp for last 20 Teams
FUN 2 MAN TRAIL TEAM RELAY: 50 TEAMS MAX
4 Laps Relay of 5.25km
Runner 10.5km as a team 21km
Entry Fee – Fun 2 Man Trail Relay
Phase 1 until 1st Jan R150pp, T-shirt R60 pp for first 15 Teams
Phase 2 until 15th March R180pp, T-shirts R80 pp for next 15 Teams
Phase 3 until 24th April R230pp, T-shirts R100 pp for last 20 Teams
After every day the kids do a short race of the course done on the day and it’s for free with
parents that have competed. Yes we give them a medal, we know how they love it.
Prize giving 16h15, after kids race
26TH TO 29TH APRIL
ONLY FOR 200 PEOPLE
R200.00 pp, KIDS UNDER 6 FREE
- Friday from 14h00, everyone can come and set up their tent
- Vehicles not allowed on camping site so after you drop of all you gear, park your car in parking area.
- If you have a RV or Caravan, park and stay for the weekend.
- We have braai locations in the evening with tables and chairs and a bar facility.
- Braai packs will be for sale but bring your own grids, cutlery etc.
- If you have a look on our fb page you will see that this is one of the best venue’s in Western Cape loads of space for kids to play and we make sure they have a lot of entertainment. Please leave iPad at home we want kids to PLAY.
- COLD showers Free VIP Showers R100 for weekend.
- CAMPING minimum 2 nights same price for 3 nights.
- Dam to swim in.
- Storage for MTB
- Free Wi-fi to share photos of your race with friends
- 22h00 all quite to get ready for race day.
Purchase tickets here: https://events.computicket.com/events/2942
Over the last 2 years we listened to our runners and cyclists. This is a weekend of sport, fun with family and friends and for everyone to meet more like minded people. Let your friends know, even if they don’t run or cycle, to come and support you.
More information: 8hourchallenge.co.za
This event supports team entries for certain classes. Team sizes range from 2 - 4 participants per team.
Classes and pricing
Available classes for the event
|Class||Distance||Start Time||Price (pp)||2 person team (pp)|
|Solo Trail Run||5 km How many laps can you complete?||08:00||R 250.00 Early Bird||R 0.00|
|Extreme 2 Man||21 km Each member does 21km||10:00||R 0.00||R 250.00 Early Bird|
|Fun 2 Man Trail||10 km Each runner does 10.5km||12:00||R 0.00||R 180.00 Early Bird|
|Trail FUN RUN @ 8 Hour Challenge||5 km (Get free glow sticks)||18:00||R 100.00||R 0.00|
Welbedacht Wine Estate, Wellington
|Address||Welbedacht Wine Estate/Schalk Burger & Sons, Wellington, South Africa|