8 Hour Challenge
WELLINGTON SPORTS WEEKEND
8 Hour Challenge 2019
This is an amazing 3 days of great sportsmanship to be shared with legendary friends and family
(Cash prizes for Solo entry winners ONLY and hampers for Extreme Team entry winners)
Sunday 28th April 2019 - MTB
ONLY 500 ENTRIES A DAY MAX
SOLO MTB: 300 ENTRIES MAX
How many 10km laps can you do in 8 hours
Start: 8h00 and cut of time for last lap is 7h30min
To qualify for a Medal you need to do 5 laps
Entry Fee – Solo MTB
Phase 1 until 1 st Jan R250 pp, T-shirt R60 pp for first 75 entries
Phase 2 until 15 th March R300pp ,T-shirt R80 pp for second 75 entries
Phase 3 until 24 th April R350pp, T-shirt R100 pp for last 150 entries
EXTREME 2 MAN MTB TEAM RELAY: 50 RELAY TEAMS MAX
MTB Rider 1 do 2 laps follow by MTB Rider 2 do 2 laps repeat 1 more time. Final 9th lap
both MTB riders together. Total of 50km per cycle’s as Team 100km
Time to finish is 6 hours
Entry Fee – Extreme 2 Man MTB Team
Phase 1 until 1 st Jan R250 pp, T-shirt R60 pp for first 15 Teams
Phase 2 until 15 th March R300pp, T-shirts R80 pp for second 15 Teams
Phase 3 until 24 th April R350pp, T-shirts R100 pp for last 20 Teams
FUN 2 MAN MTB TEAM RELAY: 50 TEAMS MAX
MTB Rider 1 does 1 lap follow by MTB Rider 2 - 1 lap
Repeat 1 more time then finish
Each rider does 20km total Team 40km
Entry Fee – Fun 2 Man Team
Phase 1 until 1 st Jan R150 pp, T-shirt R60 pp for first 15 Teams
Phase 2 until 15 th March R200pp, T-shirts R80 pp for second 15 Teams
Phase 3 until 24 th April R250pp, T-shirts R100 pp for last 20 Teams
After every day the kids do a short race of the course done on the day and it’s for free with
parents that have competed. Yes we give them a medal, we know how they love it.
Prize giving 16h15 after kids race
26TH TO 29TH APRIL
ONLY FOR 200 PEOPLE
R200.00 pp, KIDS UNDER 6 FREE
- Friday from 14h00, everyone can come and set up their tent
- Vehicles not allowed on camping site so after you drop of all you gear, park your car in parking area.
- If you have a RV or Caravan, park and stay for the weekend.
- We have braai locations in the evening with tables and chairs and a bar facility.
- Braai packs will be for sale but bring your own grids, cutlery etc.
- If you have a look on our fb page you will see that this is one of the best venue’s in Western Cape loads of space for kids to play and we make sure they have a lot of entertainment. Please leave iPad at home we want kids to PLAY.
- COLD showers Free VIP Showers R100 for weekend.
- CAMPING minimum 2 nights same price for 3 nights.
- Dam to swim in.
- Storage for MTB
- Free Wi-fi to share photos of your race with friends
- 22h00 all quite to get ready for race day.
Purchase tickets here: https://events.computicket.com/events/2942
Over the last 2 years we listened to our runners and cyclists. This is a weekend of sport, fun with family and friends and for everyone to meet more like minded people. Let your friends know, even if they don’t run or cycle, to come and support you.
More information: 8hourchallenge.co.za
This event supports team entries for certain classes. Team sizes range from 2 - 4 participants per team.
Classes and pricing
Available classes for the event
|Class||Distance||Start Time||Price (pp)||2 person team (pp)|
|Solo MTB||10 km How many laps can you complete?||08:00||R 300.00 Early Bird||R 0.00|
|2 Man Extreme MTB||50 km Each member does 50km||10:00||R 0.00||R 300.00 Early Bird|
|Fun 2 Man MTB||20 km Each member does 20km||10:00||R 0.00||R 200.00 Early Bird|
Welbedacht Wine Estate, Wellington
|Address||Welbedacht Wine Estate/Schalk Burger & Sons, Wellington, South Africa|