8 Hour Challenge
WELLINGTON SPORTS WEEKEND
8 Hour Challenge 2019
This is an amazing 3 days of great sportsmanship to be shared with legendary friends and family
(Cash prizes for Solo entry winners ONLY and hampers for Extreme Team entry winners)
Monday 29 April 2019:
Fun Run 5.25km: Starts 08h00
Dress in Pink
R100.00 per entry
(R50 of each entry will go towards buying ladies' sanitary supplies)
Monday 29th April 2019 – Duathlon
ONLY 500 ENTRIES A DAY MAX
2 laps Running of 5.25 km total 10.5km
3 laps cycling of 10km total 30km
Follow by 1 lap Running of 5.25km
Time to finish 4 hours
Entry Fee – Solo Duathlon
Phase 1 until 1 st Jan R250 pp, T-shirt R60 pp for first 75 entries
Phase 2 until 15 th March R300 pp, T-shirt R80 pp for next 75 entries
Phase 3 until 24 th April R350 pp, T-shirt R100 pp for last 150 entries
EXTREME 2 MAN DUATHLON TEAM: 1 RUNNER, 1 RIDER
The runner does 2 laps 5.25km total 10.5km
The rider does 3 laps 10km total 30km
Both run together 1 lap 5.25km
4 Hours to finish
Entry Fee - Extreme 2 Man Duathlon Team
Phase 1 until 1 st Jan R250 pp, T-shirt R60 pp for first 15 Teams
Phase 2 until 15 th March R300 pp, T-shirt R80 pp for next 15 Teams
Phase 3 until 24 th April R350 pp, T-shirts R100 pp for last 20 Teams
FUN 2 MAN DUATHLON TEAM: 1 RUNNER 1 RIDER
Runner do 1 laps 5.25km
Rider do 2 laps 10km total 20km
Both run together 1 lap 5.25km
3 Hours to finish
Entry Fee - Fun 2 man Team
Phase 1 until 1 st Jan R150 pp, T-shirt R60 pp for first 15 Teams
Phase 2 until 15 th March R200 pp, T-shirt R80 pp for next 15 Teams
Phase 3 until 24 th March R250 pp, T-shirts R100 pp for last 20 Teams
Prize Giving @ 13h00
26TH TO 29TH APRIL
ONLY FOR 200 PEOPLE
R200.00 pp, KIDS UNDER 6 FREE
- Friday from 14h00, everyone can come and set up their tent
- Vehicles not allowed on camping site so after you drop of all you gear, park your car in parking area.
- If you have a RV or Caravan, park and stay for the weekend.
- We have braai locations in the evening with tables and chairs and a bar facility.
- Braai packs will be for sale but bring your own grids, cutlery etc.
- If you have a look on our fb page you will see that this is one of the best venue’s in Western Cape loads of space for kids to play and we make sure they have a lot of entertainment. Please leave iPad at home we want kids to PLAY.
- COLD showers Free VIP Showers R100 for weekend.
- CAMPING minimum 2 nights same price for 3 nights.
- Dam to swim in.
- Storage for MTB
- Free Wi-fi to share photos of your race with friends
- 22h00 all quite to get ready for race day.
Purchase tickets here: https://events.computicket.com/events/2942
Over the last 2 years we listened to our runners and cyclists. This is a weekend of sport, fun with family and friends and for everyone to meet more like minded people. Let your friends know, even if they don’t run or cycle, to come and support you.
More information: 8hourchallenge.co.za
This event supports team entries for certain classes, but teams must consist of 2 participants per team.
Enter for 8 Hour Duo Challenge 2019 »
|Class||Price (pp)||2 person team (pp)|
|Trail FUN RUN @ 8 Hour Chall... SOLD OUT||R 100.00|
|Solo Duathlon||R 300.00 Early Bird|
|Extreme 2 Man||R 300.00 Early Bird|
|Fun 2 man Team||R 200.00 Early Bird|
Classes and pricing
Available classes for the event
|Class||Distance||Start Time||Price (pp)||2 person team (pp)|
|Trail FUN RUN @ 8 Hour Challenge SOLD OUT||5 km||08:00||R 100.00||R 0.00|
|Solo Duathlon||47 km||09:00||R 300.00 Early Bird||R 0.00|
|Extreme 2 Man||47 km||09:00||R 0.00||R 300.00 Early Bird|
|Fun 2 man Team||30.5 km||10:00||R 0.00||R 200.00 Early Bird|
Welbedacht Wine Estate, Wellington
|Address||Welbedacht Wine Estate/Schalk Burger & Sons, Wellington, South Africa|